If you are well in your mind, body and soul, then you can consider yourself to be in good health. Few things surpass good health as it seems everything in our days on earth revolve around it. Without a sound health, we are either limited or cannot function at all.
That is why it is imperative to give your health a priority. Good health is not a means to an end; it is a lifelong process that comes in a package: physical exercise, a healthy balanced diet and good old rest.
To remain or, begin to be healthy many opt to begin with weight loss. A good nutrition is the difference between living well and dealing with lifestyle diseases like obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart diseases that are on the rise. Changing your eating habits is actually a mental decision. Once you have the resolve it so not so hard to do!
- Start by asking your doctor or nutritionist to recommend a sound dieting plan for you.
- Find the weak points in your diet,then drop them like its hot! Cut back on or completely drop sodas and other sweetened drinks like flavored milk, and sweetened ice tea; avoid fried food, poultry skin, fatty pork, beef and lamb cuts.
- Rather opts to grill, bake or boil your food as applicable. Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits and water.
Physical And Mental Fitness
The brain is a muscle that needs regular work out just like the rest of your body. However, many people miss out on mental fitness mostly because they don’t understand the importance of it. Here a few things you can do to improve your mental health and emotional well-being.
- Start by exercising regularly for about 30 minutes. This ensures oxygen is circulating well in your brain and helps to improve your memory, reaction time and reasoning.
- Read often and read widely to increase your knowledge of the world around you.
- East plenty of leafy greens and wholegrain cereals to increase your vitamin D, which is essential for brain development.
- Every so often engage in holistic activities like, spa treatments or a detox program.
- Get plenty of rest.
Muay Thai Fitness
Muay Thai or Thai Boxing is the best form of fitness you can try because it encompasses all three elements: physical, mental and emotional fitness. It has been in use for ages in Thailand where it originates from. The results are undeniable.
Muay Thai is a martial art that requires complete physical and mental discipline. It is a great workout to use to achieve physical fitness, weight loss, emotional well-being and improved mental health as it encompasses use of all your body parts.
In Thailand alone, you will find many training camps offering the Muay Thai program. However, you can practice Muay Thai anywhere in the world with a good trainer. Muay Thai camp and expert instructor are important. It needs critical thinking when facing your challenger and the physical ability to actually carry it out. Once you have started on Muay Thai fitness program, you will find that you want more and more of it.