Medications, as well as lifestyle changes, are essential to heal and soothe the effect of hemorrhoids. Constipation and straining during bowel movements are one of the major reasons for hemorrhoids. The best solution for this is to include more high-fiber foods in your diet that can serve as a natural cure. These include vegetables, fruits especially papaya, and whole grains. According to several blog about health problems, this will help soften your stool and make it easier for bowel movements. Drinking plenty of water is another easy way to get rid of constipation and reduce strain while bowel movements. Apart from these simple ways, you can also try out these things that can help you relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids —
- Do not sit on the toilet for too long
- Do not control your urge to go to the toilet and go as soon as possible.
- Change the position of your rectum by placing your feet on a small stool during bowel movements.
- Avoid sleeping flat if you are pregnant. Sleep on your sides to relieve pressure around your anus.
- Consult your doctor and then if recommended take some fiber supplement or stool softeners such as psyllium or methylcellulose. If you add some mineral oil to your food then it can also help to soften the stools.
- Make sure to keep the anal area clean and dry. Take regular warm baths and make use of moist natural wipes instead of toilet paper.
- Sitz bath or sitting in a warm bathtub for 15-20 minutes daily can also relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
Apart from these solutions blog about health problems also suggest OTC topical medications such as Preparation H for relief from hemorrhoids. But these are usually used for external or prolapsed hemorrhoids that are causing inflammation and irritation. Also, reduce the intake of alcohol and steroids as long-term use can lead to thinning of the skin around the anus and aggravate the problem. If you are not getting any relief from above-mentioned solutions then you must consult your doctor immediately.
Treatment for hemorrhoids – while small and minor hemorrhoids might not require any sort of medications and might get cured with a change in diet and lifestyle if the condition is aggravated then it is highly recommended to take help from your doctor. Sometimes you might be confusing hemorrhoid with colon or anal cancer, so in case of bleeding, one must visit a doctor immediately.
There are some medical procedures and surgeries that can remove or shrink the hemorrhoids. There are numerous outpatient treatments available for hemorrhoids. This includes —
- Rubber band ligation which is a nonsurgical treatment.